Grilled Shrimp with Asparagus Kebabs
You will need:
- large cleaned shrimp tails left on.
- Wooden skewers soaked in water. 2 shrimp per kebab.
- Asparagus cut into 1″ pieces use 2-3 per kebab
- Fresh basil 1 chopped leaf for every 2 shrimp
- Extra virgin olive oil 1/4 cup for every 10 shrimp
- 1 tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice for every 10 shrimp
- 2 minced garlic cloves for every 10 shrimp
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes for every 20 shrimp (optional)
- Place all the ingredients (not the skewer sticks) into a large zip plastic bag remove as much air as possible, shake to mix the marinade and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Prepare the kebabs and save the marinade to brush on while grilling. These are going to cook pretty quickly a couple minutes on each side, you just need to be careful not to over cook them as they will be tough. Grill the kebabs on a charcoal grill or on a grill pan on your stove. Serve with some lemon wedges.
– Daniel Mancini