Italian Ricotta Cheese Cake
This recipe comes complements of my friend Chris Fennimore host of QED Cooks in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and this recipe like all of Chris’s recipes are amazing.
- 2 pounds ricotta
- 2 – 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 1 pint sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9″ springform pan.
- Get all ingredients to room temperature.
- Cream together ricotta and cream cheese.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat well.
- Blend in one egg at a time at low speed.
- Mix in sour cream and pour into pan. Place on a baking pan to catch any drips and bake for one hour.
- Turn off the oven and leave cake inside for 3-5 hours to set.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight before serving.
Serve with fresh berries, crushed pineapple or cherry pie filling. Me, I like mine with the strawberries and some shaved chocolate but either way you top it you really will have a hard time topping Chris’s Ricotta cheese cake recipe….thanks Chris!
Please fill in the form and submit to subscribe