Penne with Pancetta, Olive Oil and Garlic
With just a couple simple ingredients and a few minutes you’ll have dinner on the table tonight. This is a recipe you would find in that little Italian restaurant that has 10 tables and no menu.
- 1-lb of penne pasta cooked 2 min short of recommended time
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6-oz of pancetta cut into to 1″ thick strips
- 6-garlic cloves sliced
- 1/2 cup of sliced onions
- 1-cup of chicken stock
- 1-cup of pasta water
- Pinch of black cracked pepper
- 1-tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Grated pecorino Romano
- Cook the pasta 2-min short of recommended time in a large pot of salted boiling water and reserve 1-cup of the pasta water.
- At the same time put 1-tbs of the olive oil in a 12″ skillet and cook the pancetta on a med/high heat for a couple minutes till the fat has been rendered.
- Lower the head to med, add the balance of the olive oil, garlic, onion, pepper flakes and black pepper
- Sauté the garlic for 3-5 min till light golden.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes
- Add the pasta and the cup of pasta water.
- Fold everything together to finish cooking the pasta for 2-minutes
- Remove from the heat, wait 1 minute then fold in the grated cheese.
Please fill in the form and submit to subscribe