Ravioli with Sage Brown Butter
I picked up some ricotta filled ravioli from my local Italian market and made a brown butter, sage, garlic sauce finished with baby basil and pecorino. Start to finish, 15 minutes just more proof simple cooking is the best cooking.
You’ll Only Need:
- 1-lb of ricotta filled ravioli
- 6-tbs of a very good butter
- 12-15 fresh sage leaves
- 2-garlic cloves sliced thin
- 1/2-tsp of fresh cracked black pepper
- Fresh grated romano cheese
- Fresh basil
- Add the butter to a large skillet on a medium heat
- Once melted add the garlic, pepper and sage leaves
- Sauté stirring for 5 to 10 minutes, remove some of the foam that comes to the top with a spoon.
- You want the butter to turn a golden brown but do not let it burn, keep stirring along the way and when it turns golden and you smell a nutty aroma remove the skillet from the heat
- Cook your ravioli in salted water till done then carefully move them right to the skillet using a slotted spoon. If a little water goes with them that’s ok.
- Put the heat to medium under the skillet and spoon the butter sauce onto the ravioli just for one minute
- Plate the ravioli or move to a platter, spoon the butter sauce onto them and finish with pecorino romano and fresh basil