Farfalle Pasta Salad
Light and delicious my pasta salad is perfect to bring to that summer party or serve it as dinner then enjoy the leftovers tomorrow for lunch.
- 1-pound of Farfalle pasta
- 1-cup of peas fresh or frozen.
- 1/2-cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2-cup of chopped onion
- 4-garlic cloves sliced
- 15 or more fresh basil leaves
- 1/2-cup of fresh grated Romano
- 4-tbs of fresh lemon nice
- zest of one fresh lemon
- 1-tsp salt
- 1-tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Add the olive oil to a skillet with the onion, salt and pepper. Put the heat to low and allow the onion to become translucent then add the garlic and sauté for another minute. Remove the skillet from the heat
- Prepare your pasta one minute short of recommended time. BUT add the frozen peas to the pasta pot a couple minutes before that. Adjust the time for cooking the fresh peas. You are cooking the peas.
- Strain the pasta with the peas run it under cold water to stop the cooking, let it drain fully and add to a big bowl and toss with the olive oil, onion, garlic from the skillet
- Add the basil, Romano cheese, lemon juice and zest and toss to fully combine all the ingredients. If need be drizzle in some extra virgin olive oil.
You can serve this immediately or chill. If you decide to chill this for another day make sure to allow it to sit at room temp a good 15 minutes to allow the olive oil to loosen up, then toss. If need be add a drizzle of the olive oil and of course more cheese is always a good thing.