My Garden Vegetable Soup
I love this soup and so much better then the pre made soup you buy. Mine has very little salt and of course no preservatives. Here we will enjoy the taste of vegetables.
- 1-qt of vegetable stock you can use a good quality store bought reduced sodium if you don’t have homemade.
- 1-qt of cold water
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2-cans of prepared cannellini beans drained
- 2-leeks sliced
- 2-carrots chopped
- 1-cup of onion chopped
- 4-garlic cloves chopped
- 4-roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/2-lb of string beans cut into 1/2” pieces
- 4-celery stalks chopped
- a hand full of fresh parsley
- fresh black pepper
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil to a large pot and add the onion, carrots, tomatoes, leeks, garlic, celery, 1/2-tsp black pepper.
- Put the heat to medium and sauté this for 10 minutes then add the garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add the water, stock and scrape any brown bids off the pot
- After 15 minutes add the cannellini beans, parsley and simmer for 20 minutes covered stirring along the way.
- Uncover and add the string beans and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Even if you freeze the leftovers this soup will still be better then store bought.
Please fill in the form and submit to subscribe