Pollo e Salsiccia di Daniel
Sounds fancier then sausage and chicken Daniel 😂
I had some sausage and some chicken in the fridge last night so I put on my “Italian Grandmother hat” and improvised. It was amazing.
- 1/2-lb. boneless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1/2-pound Italian pork sausage cut into bite size pieces
- 6-garlic cloves
- 1-onion sliced
- 1/2-cup dry white wine
- 1-cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1-bell pepper cleaned and sliced
- 1/2-tsp red pepper flakes
- 1-tsp salt
- 1/2-tsp of cracked black pepper
- 2-cup of chicken stock
- 2-tbs olive oil
- 2-sprigs of rosemary if you have it
- Add the olive oil to a skillet and when it is hot add the sausage sauté till done and remove to a plate.
- Add the chicken and cook on each side for 3-4 min and remove to the plate with the sausage.
- Add the bell bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt, mushrooms, red and black pepper and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Turn up the heat add the wine and deglaze the pan scraping all the brown bits up from the bottom, reduce the wine by half.
- Add the chicken stock, rosemary and bring this to a boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes .
- Add the sausage and chicken back to the skillet on a medium heat allow everything to cook together for 10 minutes, fold it together a couple times along the way.
- Remove the rosemary sticks taste for salt and adjust
I use very little salt so if your into salt adjust the recipe by seasoning the chicken before cooking. I served this with some Arborio rice tossed with fresh chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese
Please fill in the form and submit to subscribe